ClojureScript: Up and Runningwith Stuart Sierra & Luke VanderHart
When & Where?
Sunday, March 17 from 9-5pm. Lunch break (not provided) from 12-1pm.
ClojureScript training is organized by Relevance, Inc. and takes place the day before Clojure/West.
- Regular - $250
- Group (3+) - $235
- Student - $150
322 NW Sixth Avenue, Suite 200
Portland, Oregon 27209
The workshop venue is just a short walk away from the Clojure/West conference hotel, The Courtyard Portand City Center. The conference room rate of $124 will be available Saturday, March 16 for folks who are arriving early.
Who Should Attend?
This course is, broadly, for anyone who has an interest in learning more about ClojureScript. This course is geared toward participants with some level of Clojure knowledge.
The workshop will alternate between lectures and lab work, and you should expect several hours of direct programming practice with instructors circling through participants to answer questions and encourage new practices.
- Breakfast, Coffee and Soft Drinks
- Internet connectivity and power during the workshop
What Will I Learn?
Material will include:
- Setting up a ClojureScript project
- Using the Leiningen build tool
- Understanding the ClojureScript compiler
- Working with the Google Closure Compiler
- Using the Google Closure Libraries
- Manipulating HTML in a browser
- Building event-driven applications
- Communicating with a Clojure server
Recommended reading: Sierra and VanderHart’s recent book, ClojureScript: Up and Running.
What Should I Bring?
- Your own laptop (computers are not provided)
- Software installed prior to the class: This information will be emailed to attendees one week prior to class
Stuart Sierra is the author of several popular open-source Clojure libraries, including clojure.test, various I/O utilities, and an HTTP client. He is the co-author, with Luke VanderHart, of the book ClojureScript: Up and Running and Practical Clojure.
Luke VanderHart believes that simple code leads to robust applications. Especially if it’s Clojure. He is the co-author, with Stuart Sierra, of the book ClojureScript: Up and Running and Practical Clojure.
Unavoidable events happen and we understand that. You may cancel your ticket for full refund up until February 17, 2013. After February 17, 2013 you can send someone in your place if you cannot make it to training. Please note that a student ticket can only be transferred to another student. Confirmed and paid attendees who do not attend or who cancel after the deadline are liable for the entire fee.